1.09.2010

Day 8: Get to the Choppa

I'm starting this post at 12:05AM on the 9th of January. I have failed.

I've been playing a lot of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 today, as I stayed home from school sick. One of the things I noticed about the social aspect of the game is, if you're friendly to people, they're still douchebags. I have since made the decision to either not talk at all, or be a douchebag to people, which is an amazing amount of fun in itself. I have also been watching a lot of gameplay footage with commentary dubbed over it on YouTube, and I noticed that those guys all are really good, and they rarely talk or even associate with any sort of teamwork (or shit-talking) ever. Could it be that such a team-based game could be played by a few guys using absolutely no teamwork but winning every match? I investigated.

Over 20 games of Team Deathmatch with five friends, we won 19. None of us ever spoke at all over voice or text chat.

We played another 20 games where we were pretty consistently talking shit, and we won 6 games out of 20.

Finally, we played 20 games using teamwork and tactics (pre-planned according to the maps and otherwise) and we won 14 of 20.

Now these statistics can't be considered terribly accurate considering that we were always playing a different team, but it is interesting to think about. So from now on, I'm going to try to talk a little bit less, focus on the game a little bit more and see what happens. Maybe I'll do better, maybe I won't. Who knows.

PS - Just because I failed doesn't mean I'm going to stop, I'm only counting this as a small screwup. I lost track of time is all, and not like anybody really cares.

-Bobby

1 comment:

  1. Nope, no failing. I would adjust your goal to the slightly more realistic "I will make 7 blog posts a week, 365 blog posts a year."

    ReplyDelete