1.13.2010

Day 13: An Old Debate

Chevy vs. Ford? Lame.
Democrat vs. Republican? Old.
Nick vs. Disney? Nick, obviously. But not what I want to talk about.

The issue I wanted to discuss with you tonight is the issue of Paintball vs. Airsoft. It's been debated for some time now which is better, and it's something I've been pondering lately as I am starting to get back into playing Airsoft. Now, before you go off on me for playing Airsoft instead of Paintball, know this. I did, I played it for about a year and a half, I was on a team at the local course with some of my friends. There are a few reasons that I stopped, but we'll talk about that later, for now I want to say this. I started to get back into Airsoft because I bought a gun last year in an attempt to get active with some friends at Berkeley High, but it never really happened, all I did was mess around with it and play a few games. However, I have since learned that the guys I like to hang out with pretty much all have guns, but never actually play full matches together. So, combining our brains we came up with a plan, which I'm not going to discuss publicly, because I'm not 100% sure if it's legal. So, today, I bought another gun online (a spring M160-A3 M14, for those of you who know a bit about guns/airsoft) and it should be arriving in the mail pretty soon. I also made plans with my dad to go to the Army Surplus Store in Mos Landing on Saturday to buy gear/ammo/maybe a sidearm. This all excites me very much, and I can't wait to start shooting things/people.

Now, we're moving out of my backround in both of these things, and more into arguments I've heard for each side.

Paintball Pros - More fast paced, more tactical, has a pretty recognized professional league, more newbie friendly
Paintball Cons - Hurts exponentially more, costs more, can't be played in nearly as many areas

The Airsoft Pros/Cons are basically the opposites of the Paintball Pros/Cons (durr). Personally, I like Airsoft MORE.
What the above does NOT mean is: I do not like Paintball, I think Paintball sucks, I do not enjoy playing paintball.

What I am saying is that, for now, I would rather play Airsoft, because that's what all my friends already have access to. If I get invited to play Paintball by somebody, or my friends decide that they want to try Paintball, then I will be all for showing them the ropes and taking them out to the local course, but for now, I'd like to stick with what we know.

PS - Originally, this post was supposed to be about a different subject, but I changed my mind because I didn't want to type out the whole god damn story, that would take too fucking long. I'm posting what I was going to post tonight on Friday, so I can be sure I have enough time because I won't have school in the morning. Peace out, homeskillets.

PPS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEGHAN. I LOVE YOU. :3

-Bobby

1 comment: