1.05.2010

Day 5: Comic Books

4 hours ago, I was worried that I would have little to nothing to talk about in today's post. Now, everything has changed.

I just got home from the coffee house with my mom. We had gone there so late at night to talk to a high school classmate of my dad's who is in town from LA, he's a comic book artist/writer. His brother created Johnny Bravo. He knows people like Damon Lindelof (Co-creator of Lost), Seth MacFarlane (Creator of Family Guy and American Dad) and Stan Lee (the comic book God). He was one of the most interesting people I've spoken to in a long time. He also inspired me to start reading a lot more, and not just literature, but comics and graphic novels. He said that I should get a few real books and a few comics, and read both at the same time. Pick up the novel, read a few chapters and then pick up the comic book the next day and read a few pages. I'm going to do it. At least for a little while. Believe it or not, comic books/graphic novels actually have quite a bit of literary value. Hopefully Borders will have some of what I'm looking for...

And now I have nothing more to say, short post tonight, guys and girls. Hope you all had a good Tuesday.

-Bobby

2 comments:

  1. Possible fact: Graphic Novels are one of the most underrated forms of literature in existence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Leo (my dad's high school friend) said those exact words, Dave.

    ReplyDelete