1.14.2010

Dau 14: Nothing to Say

I have absolutely nothing to say tonight. I don't know why, and I have a feeling this is going to happen quite often. Nothing terribly interesting went on today, it was fairly boring at school, and I didn't get home until about eight at night because a.) My mom wasn't able to get my brother and I from my grandma's house until 6:30 and b.) once she had picked us up, she wanted to go OUT to dinner, so we ended up going to the mall food court to get dinner.

Maybe I'll talk about that.

The first thing you need to know about Northridge Mall is: if you're white, you're the minority.
The second: there have been murders IN the mall, so, if you have common sense, you avoid it at all costs.
The third: if you cannot in fact avoid it, and you are forced to enter said mall, what would be a nice shopping trip turns into a Special Forces mission, you are in and out of there as quickly and efficiently as possible, preferably with no casualties.

I could not avoid the mall, so that's what I treated dinner like, a Special Forces mission. I told my brother to walk behind my mom, but in front of me. We entered the mall only to learn that my mom had parked on the exact opposite side as the food court, so we had to march all the way to the other end. In other words, we were in the shit. I tried to keep an eye on everybody that was around us, specifically there hands and what colors they were wearing. We reached the other end of the mall in one piece, and were able to get our food and have a nice family meal of Panda Express and Hot Dog on a Stick. However, this also meant it was time to lock and fucking load, and get back to the car. It seemed that we walked a lot quicker on the way back, and we finally exited the mall, all together, no harm done. Mission succesful, return to base.

-Bobby

1 comment:

  1. I didn't feel that way when I went prom dress shopping there. :P

    ReplyDelete