2.18.2010

Post 44: Cybernations

Cybernations is an online text-based nation simulation game, in which people create their own countries and build them up with the use of lots of different in-game methods. Their are alliances, in which groups small, medium and large come together in order to benefit from Trade Circles, protection and meeting new people. Or at least, that's what the creators want you to think.

What it really is is this: A bunch of morons who do what they're told by their control-freak, elitest leaders who think they know what is best for everybody, and of course, every single leader has a different view of what is best. So, really, it could be compared to our world governments current state. I could go on for hours about how much I hate the people that play this game, but that would be kind of hypocritical, considering I recently closed my latest-formed account.

I had created the account just around the new year and had been talking to people on my alliances forum, on the game forum, and on other alliances forum when I realized something: people are stupid. I've had this view for a long time, but my realization was more in the context of 'people that play this game are stupid, and I need to quit'. The thing about Cybernations is that the meta-game (the politics and huge 300 nation wars) are much more important to the people who play then the actual physical game. Once you reach the point that most of the people who have been playing for around 8 months to a year have, you get bored, and you just start shit for the sake of starting shit. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to do this, but when you're a lowly peon and you're ruled by oppressive assholes who tell you they want to help, but really only help you to a certain point before they stop speaking to you altogether (the point in which you are convinced that they are awesome and you will do everything they say).

Sometimes I just really want to hit people in the head. Hard. That's it for tonight, folks, I've been tangential (VOCAB WORD, BEEYOTCH) enough. Peace out, homeskillets.

-Bobby

No comments:

Post a Comment